Family Based Immigration

Foreign nationals seeking permanent residency in the United States must obtain an immigrant visa (IV). A foreign citizen may apply for a visa only if they are sponsored by an immediate relative who is at least 21 years old and either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident. Legal permanent resident (that is, a holder of a green card).

Visas for immigrant families fall into two categories:

1- Immediate Relative :
These visas are based on a close familial relationship, such as that of a spouse, child, or parent. There is no limit to the number of immigrants in these categories each fiscal year.

2- Family Preference Visa:
This type of visa is for specific, more distant, relationships with a U.S. citizen and certain relationships with a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). These categories of immigrants are limited in number every fiscal year.

US citizens are entitled to petition for immigrant visas for the following:
Son or daughter
Brother or sister

An immigrant visa petition can only be filed by U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents if:
Husband or wife
Sons and daughters who are unmarried

How Can Tabea Law, PC an Immigration Attorney, Assist You?
Immigration processing delays have arisen in the last few years. Approximately five million people are currently awaiting green cards, with strong signs that this number will continue to rise. You can however, speed up the procedure and minimize delays by working with a family-based green card attorney.

Tabea Law, PC can assist you in properly preparing your petitions and documentation to avoid RFEs, which might cause the process to be prolonged. Our family-based immigration lawyers will also accompany you to the interview. By completing this contact form, you may request a consultation with us right now.