, How Long Does It Can Take To Get The Spousal Visa for USA?

How Long Does It Can Take To Get The Spousal Visa for USA?

By marrying a U.S. resident or a green card holder, an unfamiliar conceived companion gets qualified for a marriage green card, additionally called a marriage-based green card.

It relies upon various circumstances. In any case, it should take anyplace between 7-15 months once the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS has all it requires. However, we should see what will apply to your circumstance with regards to getting a U.S. green card through marriage.

The primary factors that will affect the Marriage Green Card Timeline. By and large, to get a green card through marriage, you will require between 11 months to 14.5 months. So we can say that to get a marriage green card relies upon three fundamental factors that sway the green card timetable.

Numerous different components can affect the green card preparing time, recording documentation appropriately can assume a huge part regardless of which classification you have a place with. That is the reason you ought to consider employing a movement legal advisor to help you out with characterizing the procedure, assembling and recording all important documentation. We at Herman Legal Group are accessible to our customers all day, every day, so don’t spare a moment to utilize our online structure to get in touch with us or call us to plan your counsel.

The Spouse Seeking a Green Card Living in The U.S. furthermore, is hitched to a U.S. Resident. For the candidates applying for a marriage-based green card living in the U.S. also, are hitched to a U.S. resident, the handling season of the green card application will be the briefest.

For this situation, the holding up period to get a marriage green card is around 10-13 months since:

The application handling time requires around 9-11 months, Booking meetings and endorsement requires 1-2 months.

Whats-more, you can apply for a marriage-based green card through a technique called “Simultaneous Filing, “which means you can save a lot of time by documenting two structures simultaneously.

Firstly, U.S. citizens file a marriage petition for their foreign spouse. The marriage green card package contains:

  • Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
  • Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary
  • Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
  • Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization (optional)
  • Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (optional)

When USCIS receives your Form I-130 application package, it will issue a receipt notice in about 2-3 weeks containing a set of case numbers. You can use the number to track your case status online- USCIS Case Status.

Step 2. Bio-metrics Appointment

Upon receiving your immigrant visa application, USCIS will issue a bio-metrics appointment notice for the foreign spouse. This will take about 3-5 weeks before your marriage interview is scheduled.

Step 3. Attending the Interview

From 4 to 12 months after applying, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services USCIS will send you a green card interview notice with the date, time, and location you and your spouse will attend.

Step 4. Green Card Arrival

You can expect that your green card will arrive 2-3 weeks after the green card interview, but it can take longer in some cases.

The Spouse Seeking a Green Card Lives Abroad and is Married to a U.S. Citizen

If you are a spouse who is married to a U.S. citizen but lives outside the U.S., then you will have to apply through a USCIS procedure called “Consular Processing. “

Step 1. Form I-130 Processing

Step 2. National Visa Center Processing

Step 3. Interview at U.S. Embassy or Consulate

Step 4. Green Card Arrival

The green card will arrive within six months after the applicant’s spouse arrives in the United States.

To conclude, an estimated processing time for the green card, in this case, will be from 11-17 months.

The spouse seeking a green card lives in the U.S. and is Married to a Green Card Holder.

If you live in the U.S., and your spouse has a lawful permanent resident status, then you will need to apply through a USCIS procedure called “Adjustment of Status.

The spouse seeking a green card lives abroad and is married to a U.S. green-card holder.

If you live outside the United States and your spouse is a U.S. lawful permanent resident, then you’ll apply through a ‘Consular Processing.’ In this case, you will use an online green card application- Form DS-260 (officially called the “Immigrant Visa Electronic Application”).

The spouses living abroad will receive the physical marriage green card to the U.S. address, usually within six months upon arrival in the United States.

In this case, the estimated time of the green card process will take a bit longer, so after the marriage interview and approval, the green card will arrive within 23-32 months. What if the beneficiary spouse entered the U.S. legally but overstayed their visa?

If a foreign spouse lawfully entered the U.S. but overstayed a visa, applying for an adjustment of status still may be possible as long as marrying a U.S. Citizen.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: